NO-KNEAD RAISIN BREAD
This recipe does not involve kneading the dough and is extremely easy. If the bread is baked with stone ground flour, one can rest assured that the family is getting a meal that will supply natural fibers and nutrients in balanced proportions.
This recipe is for whole wheat bread. Whole wheat flour is a natural product obtained by grinding the whole grain without separating any of its fractions. The grain consists of a shell and an inner part. The casings contain a large amount of minerals, iron, copper, zinc, selenium, magnesium, B-group vitamins and a high content of ballast substances (vegetable fibers). Whole grain flour is the richest in dietary fiber, which reduces the feeling of hunger and reduces weight.
This recipe also includes oatmeal, which contains a good amount of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants. Sesame, which improves digestion and contains a significant amount of fiber, walnuts, raisins and dates.
No-Knead Raisin Bread
1) Mix and let stand
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 2 pkts (2 T) Yeast
2) Cook till soft or blend the dates with hot water
- 4 cups Water
- ½ cup Dates
- 7 cups Whole-wheat Flour
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- ½ cup Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup Walnuts (Sunflower Seeds or other Nuts)
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 T Salt
- Mix 2) and 3) lightly, then add 1). Makes a soft dough.
- Spoon into baking pans and let rise to top of pans. For best results give it more time (about 2 hours, or until it stops rising).
- Bake at 200°C (~390 F) for 10 min.
- Reduce the heat to 180°C (~350 F) and continue baking for 30-35 minutes.